If you are looking at investing in an experienced Doula UK Recognised Birth Doula and Postnatal Doula in Cheshire and beyond, I would like to invite you to take a look at what may be available in your area for your family.
Hello, my name is Nikki Mather, I am an experienced doula in Alderley Edge, Cheshire.
I am available to offer your family confidential and discreet support as your birth doula or postnatal doula in pregnancy, birth and in the early weeks of your new journey. Standalone or bespoke packages are available and include emotional and practical support as well as infant feeding support when required. Please do not let the cost of a birth doula put you off contacting doulas in your area-we often help parents out by offering installments, payment in lieu of skills you may be able to share, or other ways of saving.
My offer to you is a consultation in person or via Skype so you can ask questions and find out more about the support I can offer and we can get to know each other a little. It is important to me that you choose the right doula for you and any questions you have are answered to enable you to find a doula to suit your needs. The following services can be tailored to your individual requirements:
Antenatal Birth Preparation
As a birth doula, I offer a bespoke package, tailored to your needs, in private one to one sessions. These sessions are great for getting to know each other and so I can get an understanding of what you and your partner would like your birth experience to be. This package includes birth preparation information, support, and educational tools to support you and your partner to feel empowered and have continuity of care. Breastfeeding education, rebozo workshop with belly mapping, birthing positions, acupressure and other useful resources are available with Nikki Mather at The Doula Element. Contact me for more details or see Workshops.
- Call and Email access-I will be available for discussion and to help answer any questions, ease your fears and build a relationship with you or your partner, be able to send any resources you may need via email. This continues from the day you hire me and for 6 weeks into the postnatal period.
- Two antenatal visits -this helps us to get to know each other, build rapport and can involve your partner and children if required. It gives us the time to discover your birth preferences and it may help to debrief any previous birth experiences. It also gives us the opportunity to meet with your midwife and support your partner or visit any antenatal classes in your local area. These visits are flexible and can be split and additional sessions can be added if required for consultant or midwifery appointment support.
- Birth Preferences/Birth Plan-you will discover what these are during your pregnancy and I can help you to collate your ideas so your carers know and understand your preferences for birth.
- On Call-I will be on call for your birth 24 hours a day for 4 weeks-from 38 weeks gestation (or earlier if you have a history of premature labour). You will have access to my mobile number during this time to enable you to call me as soon as your labour starts to ease any worries and reassure you I will arrive as aoon as you would like. I will remain on call for the first 24 hours after birth for infant feeding support and aim to get to you as soon as possible should you call.
- Continuity during labour and birth-I can provide emotional and practical support for you and your partner continuously during your birth. I am able to support you after delivery until you are comfortably settled and to help establish breastfeeding or cook a light meal for your family.
- Postnatal Visit I will call on your new family to talk about your experiences and answer any questions you may have. This may include some early help and support with your newborn or a chat over cake.
- Caesarean Section-emotional support and guidance can be sought from your doula in times where a caesarean is scheduled. Please get in touch for more information of how I can support you and your partner through this time and find out about how your baby’s arrival can be made as smooth a transition as possible.
Birth Doula package-£875
“As a pregnant woman, you have to decide on someone who, only having met them a couple of times beforehand, you’d be happy to get butt-naked in front of, with your husband / partner potentially being present too. You also have to trust them to advocate for you when you are in no fit state (believe me!) to do so yourself. This is a massive undertaking, so you want someone who you feel appreciates the gravity of the trust you are placing in them. Essentially, you are hiring a friend, which might feel a bit weird, but I think a good doula balances professionalism with the ability to be genuinely personable. On the whole, when you find the right doula, they are utterly priceless, and can really make the difference between keeping your head above water and feeling like you’re drowning – that’s what Nikki did for me.”
- Emotional and practical support
- Debriefing previous births
- Infant feeding support
- Breastfeeding support
- Cooking an evening meal ahead or fill your freezer with nutritious meals
- Supporting your partner and older siblings
- Light shopping/housework
- Newborn care
- Biological newborn norms and expectations
- Overnight maternity support^
Postnatal doula support is tailored to meet your own needs-what suits one family may not be to the needs of another-always including cake where required! If you are thinking of having a postnatal doula, please contact me to have a chat about anything you might want to include. When you book postnatal support you are assured that I am available to see you at short notice, often within an hour or two, 24 hours a day alongside any set times you might like to schedule. Overnight maternity support is available at any time as well as ‘on call’ packages for the first few days after your baby is born.
from £18* per hour-plus mileage
“Nikki came, made ME cups of tea, brought me biscuits and just TALKED to me. I’ve felt so isolated in recent months that to just talk to another woman, not just about motherhood etc, but about all sorts of things, was just so wonderful. It made me feel a little bit like myself again. Answered millions of questions, generally shared knowledge which made me feel more confident.”
*Overnight support is charged at an hourly rate from 6pm-8am £25 per hour-plus mileage
Full spectrum doula services are available locally in Cheshire and Greater Manchester and across Europe. If you are looking for an accompanying doula on your journey further afield, please get in touch.
I fully support the Doula Access Fund from Doula UK which can enable parents-to-be in low income families or vulnerable situations to access a birth doula or postnatal doula service. Parents may also wish to swap a skill or pay in instalments to access doula services and spread the cost. Please see here for more information or ask me how you can access this support