If you are looking at investing in an experienced Doula UK Recognised Postnatal & Birth Doula Cheshire and beyond, I would like to invite you to take a look at what may be available in your area for your family.
I am available to offer your family confidential and discreet support as your birth doula or postnatal doula in pregnancy, birth and in the early weeks of your new journey.
Standalone or bespoke packages are available and include emotional and practical support as well as infant feeding support when required. Please do not let the cost of a birth doula put you off contacting doulas in your area-we often help parents out by offering installments, payment in lieu of skills you may be able to share or other ways of saving.
My offer to you is a consultation in person or via Skype so you can ask questions and find out more about the support I can offer and we can get to know each other a little. It is important to me that you choose the right doula for you and any questions you have are answered to enable you to find a doula to suit your needs. The following services can be tailored to your individual requirements:
Antenatal Birth Preparation
- Breastfeeding Workshop-learn about the early days of feeding your newborn
- Bespoke Antenatal Workshop-fill in the gaps where you feel you need additional support
- Private One to One Antenatal Classes-bespoke classes in your own home, to suit your family
- Rebozo Workshop for parents-learn about this traditional Mexican shawl and it’s uses in pregnacy and labour
“As a pregnant woman, you have to decide on someone who, only having met them a couple of times beforehand, you’d be happy to get butt-naked in front of, with your husband / partner potentially being present too. You also have to trust them to advocate for you when you are in no fit state (believe me!) to do so yourself. This is a massive undertaking, so you want someone who you feel appreciates the gravity of the trust you are placing in them. Essentially, you are hiring a friend, which might feel a bit weird, but I think a good doula balances professionalism with the ability to be genuinely personable. On the whole, when you find the right doula, they are utterly priceless, and can really make the difference between keeping your head above water and feeling like you’re drowning – that’s what Nikki did for me.”
- Call and Email access
- Two antenatal visits
- Birth Preferences/Birth Plan
- On Call for birth
- Continuity during labour and birth
- Postnatal Visit
- Caesarean Section
Birth Doula package-£875
What are the benefits of Placenta Encapsulation?
- Oxytocin – helps the uterus return to normal size, supports infant attachment and protects your breastfeeding relationship
- Galactogogue effect – helps to support a good milk supply and has been noted to increase supply
- Iron, growth factors and stem cells – essential for restorative changes in the postnatal recovery time and reducing postnatal bleeding
- Postnatal depression – decreased incidence of postnatal depression is reported by people who take placenta remedies
- CRH – helps to reduce stress levels
- Balance hormones – help to support you recovery quickly from any emotional ups and downs
Placenta Encapsulation from £190.00
“Nikki came, made ME cups of tea, brought me biscuits and just TALKED to me. I’ve felt so isolated in recent months that to just talk to another woman, not just about motherhood etc, but about all sorts of things, was just so wonderful. It made me feel a little bit like myself again. Answered millions of questions, generally shared knowledge which made me feel more confident.”
- Emotional and practical support
- Debriefing previous births
- Infant feeding support
- Breastfeeding support
- Cooking an evening meal ahead or fill your freezer with nutritious meals
- Supporting your partner and older siblings
- Light shopping/housework
- Overnight maternity support*
from £18* per hour-plus mileage
*Overnight support is charged at an hourly rate from 6pm-8am £25 per hour-plus mileage
Sometimes in person sessions do not fit in with your schedule. Video calls can be a convenient way to get the support you need, and can be booked for one off breastfeeding support or antenatal information sessions. Please contact me for more information.
Full spectrum doula services are available locally in Cheshire and Greater Manchester and across Europe. If you are looking for an accompanying doula on your journey further afield, please get in touch.
I fully support the Doula Access Fund from Doula UK which can enable parents-to-be in low income families or vulnerable situations to access a birth doula or postnatal doula service. Please see here for more information or ask me how you can access this support